The liquid Cyclone / Ruffclone is suitable for the following applications :
1) Preceding refiners (for plate protection).
2) After refiners (for protection from broken plates).
3) Preceding Deflakers (protection in a broke system).
4) After the blow tank (for rock and metal removal).
5) In a groundwood system (for grinder grit removal).
6) Ahead of primary and secondary screens (for tramp metal protection).
7) Chip washer water systems (removal of sand).
8) White water systems (removal of sand and sediment).
9) On batch or continuous waste paper pulpers (after discharge pumps).
And anywhere tramp metal, grit, sand & sediment is encountered.
The Kadant (B.C.I.) Liquid Cyclone / Ruffclone operates as follows:
The stock enters the Liquid Cyclone / Ruffclone through a tangential inlet having a downward slope. Accelerated centrifugal action is affected as the stock spirals downward along the wall contour toward the small end of the cone. The undesirable particles, grit, dirt, metal etc. are forced to the outer wall and carried down and out at the bottom of the cone into a stilling chamber. Here, they are washed and good fibrous material which may have been carried along is reclaimed. Reject material is collected in the chamber at the bottom; cleaned fibres spiral up and exit out the vortex finder at the top of the unit.
The following are available EX-Stock; subject to prior sale :-
1 off Model No. 14.5″ (Serial No. LC 527 UK); remanufactured to ‘near new’ condition, details as follows:-
|Nominal Height:||3750 mm|
|Required Height:||5500 mm|
|Inlet Connection:||200 mm NP10|
|Accepts Connection:||200 mm NP10|
|Dirt Trap Outlet:||250 mm NP10|
|Elutriation Water Connections:||1” & 1/2” BSP|
|Elutriation Water (litres / min):||19 – 95 (dependant on type & quantity of rejects)|
|Elutriation Water Pressure (bar):||0.5 – 1.0 above stock inlet pressure|
|Stock consistency (%):||3.0 – 6.0|
|Operating Pressure (bar Max.):||5.0|
|Outlet Pressure (bar Min.):||0.8|
|Pressure Drop (bar):||Ruffclone: 0.4 – 1.0
Cyclone: 1.0 – 2.4
|Throughput:||Ruffclone: 2100 litres / min at 0.4 bar to
3550 litres / min at 1.0 bar
Cyclone: 3550 litres / min at 1.0 bar to
4900 litres / min at 2.4 bar
If you require any further details on any of our products please do not hesitate to contact us.